Website Westside Church
Westside Church (Bend Foursquare Church) in Bend, Ore., is seeking a part-time kids director. This role, in partnership with the generations pastor, creates and carries forward the vision, strategy and programming for Westside’s kids ministry for children from birth through 3rd grade. The kids director is responsible for cultivating relationships with nursery- and preschool-aged students and families in addition to the coordination and facilitation of all aspects of curriculum and care. The kids director is also responsible for creating volunteer relationships and recruiting new volunteers for our kids team. This role requires Sunday hours as part of the regular job duties in addition to weekend/evening hours as needed for specific events for school-aged children.
Responsibilities + Tasks:
Curriculum Development – 30%
- Research, select and implement Sunday school curriculum for ages birth-5 (e.g. print-outs, craft supplies, videos, lesson plans).
- Review lesson plans with kids team volunteers for Sunday services.
- Lead/teach any children’s classroom for Sunday services if needed.
Volunteer Recruitment & Management – 30%
- Create and cultivate relationships with potential kids ministry volunteers through the use of ongoing networking and relationship/team building (e.g. one-on-one calls/conversations, referrals and connection creation).
- Build a pipeline of volunteers to help support the ongoing needs of kids ministry program.
- Coach, train and mentor volunteers to lead and serve.
- Create an environment of partnership and trust with parents/families in the discipleship of their children and the volunteers supporting them.
Family Event Coordination – 20%
- Lead planning efforts for all kids events including family camp, Easter egg hunt, VBS and holiday events with kids.
- Build and oversee volunteer teams to staff events.
- Formulate ideas for holiday programming for kids (Christmas Eve and Easter).
Administrative – 15%
- Participate in staff connect, staff brunch, other staff functions as requested.
- Answer all email and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date calendar and general communication with staff and teams.
- Manage and oversee defined budget for all kids ministry functions.
Childcare Coordination – 5%
- Lead the coordination and facilitation of childcare that is provided for any Westside events (Westside Advance, ministry events, etc.).
- Maintain communication with all current childcare providers to coordinate and schedule logistics for any needed events, as well as build and maintain active pipeline of available caregivers for future needs.
- Previous experience working in a preschool environment (volunteer or professional capacity)
- Experience coordinating and organizing events
- Previous experience building teams of volunteers
- Demonstrable experience in administrative role (e.g. receptionist, admin assistant or office manager).
- Previous experience working in childhood education.
- Previous experience running day camps and sessions.
- Previous networking and/or marketing experience.
- Previous professional recruiting experience.
- Paid sick leave and vacation leave.
- Free childcare for staff children (ages birth through Pre-K) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- 100% employer-paid Employee Assistance Program offering three counseling sessions per calendar year for employee and dependents.
- Continuing education benefits.
Anticipated start date: Mid-October 2022
Starting Pay Rate Range: $25-28/hour, dependent on experience
Work Schedule: Sunday-Thursday, with flexible hours during work week.
This role requires Sunday hours as part of the regular job duties in addition to weekend/evening hours as needed for specific school-age children related events.
Criminal history check is required for all positions.
For full job description and to apply click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com