Website Wellspring Preschool (Wellhouse Church)
Wellspring Preschool is a ministry of Wellhouse Church (Sisters Foursquare Church) in Sisters, Ore. Much like Wellhouse, Wellspring in addition to educational aspects focuses on living in God’s presence, loving His people and building His kingdom.
The Wellspring preschool teacher position is a 10-month contract from August 29 through June 16.
As a Wellspring teacher you will be responsible for the following:
- Introduce children to the Bible, mathematics, language, science and social studies by using play, games, music, artwork, films, books, computers and other tools to teach basic skills and promote literacy and early education. Observe and report on each student’s performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures. Supervise the children at all times, including at play.
- Encourage and comfort children in times of need.
- Assist in preparing and providing nutritious snacks and lunches and other basic care activities.
- Attend to the physical needs of students with disabilities, including feeding and teaching grooming habits.
- Integrate special-needs children in a respectful manner.
- Provide students with one-on-one attention and instruction.
- Build and maintain rapport with parents. Talk with parents about behavioral ups and downs.
- Ensure the accuracy of the attendance book, and perform administrative duties as needed.
- Keep classroom neat and clean, and assist with maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Become familiar with emergency procedures and protocols.
- Complete annual training and professional development as required by state regulations, and read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Exhibit a supportive attitude toward Wellhouse and Wellspring staff, parents and students, and assist in providing successful spiritual and academic education for students.
We ask that Wellspring Teachers make Wellhouse Church their home church and attend on a regular basis (more than one Sunday per month).
An optional summer camp contract is available if desired at $1000/week for five weeks.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Shall meet the qualification requirements of one of the options listed below with verifiable work history:
A. Completion of 20 credits (semester system) or 30 credits (quarter system) of training at a college or university in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education or Special Education.
B. A one-year state or nationally recognized credential related to preschool-age care.
C. At least one year of qualifying teaching experience, with at least one year as a teacher in a Certified Child Care Center or comparable group-care program in the care of school-age children.
D. Completion of 10 credits (semester system) or 15 credits (quarter system) of training at a college or university in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education, Special Education AND at least six months of qualifying teaching experience in a Certified Child Care Center or comparable group-care program in the care of school-age children
E. Documentation of attaining at least step 8 in the Oregon Registry.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com