Website G4 Church
G4 (Gillette Foursquare Church) of Gillette, Wyo., is seeking a full-time NextGen children’s pastor. The NextGen pastor reports to the senior pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance.
The G4 NextGen Pastor will be responsible to help kids and their families develop a growing relationship with Jesus and enter into meaningful community at Gillette Foursquare Church (G4). The ability to recruit, equip and inspire effective leaders while creating relevant environments for kids and families is a necessity. You will champion the NextGen ministry at G4, ensuring that family ministry is an important aspect of who we are.
Oversee all of G4 Next Gen Ministry nursery through 6th grade.
– Stay up-to-date on all new Orange Curriculum resources. Curriculum changes should be tested by the NextGen team prior to approval.
– Review and study lesson plans for each age group weekly.
- Family reach
– Promote and resource families (households of all types) in leading their homes during the week.
– Mentor kids and parents in developing their relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Be available for communication with families in the church regarding children’s, parenting and family ministry.
– Connect with new families at G4.
- Team development and leadership
– Recruit, resource, and care for the team members serving in various aspects of G4 NextGen ministry.
– Be available to encourage, challenge, and counsel team members toward effective lives as followers of Jesus.
– Create a monthly G4 Kids serving schedule using Planning Center Online.
– Oversee check-in teams and systems using Planning Center Check-In.
– Communicate weekly with team members who are serving.
– Provide creative volunteer appreciation activities and programs when necessary.
– Create and maintain a safe environment for kids and youth. This includes screening and selection of volunteers, reporting abuse, implementation of emergency safety procedures, as well as monitoring the physical environments for potential dangers.
– Keep check-in areas and NextGen rooms prepped, clean, decorated and organized.
– Establish an excitement with the kids and volunteers for Jesus. Enthusiasm is contagious.
– Handle all G4 NextGen administrative needs.
– Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to G4 NextGen ministry.
– Prepare budgets as directed by the senior pastor.
- Staff Dynamics
– Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other pastoral staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
– Attend all weekly staff meetings as well as any other regular scheduled meetings.
– Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor. You must value the health of the church as a whole. Be prepared for occasional assignments that reach beyond Next Gen ministry.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Adhere to theology and values in harmony with Foursquare’s mission and values as well as statements of belief.
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ. Keep a daily devotional life.
- A relational and pastoral heart.
- A submissive heart to the vision and leadership of the pastoral leaders.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement communications within the parameters of the church.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with people regardless of gender, ethnicity, and other diverse backgrounds.
- Prior children’s ministry leadership experience is preferred.
- The G4 NextGen pastor is expected to work posted office hours and Sunday mornings.
- The G4 NextGen pastor should participate in church outreaches and events as they arise.
- Additional work that happens outside of the office should be communicated with the senior pastor.
- The salary for this position starts at $35,000-$45,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Insurance benefits are available.
- Paid vacation will begin at two weeks/year.
- Every eight weeks the Next Gen Pastor is encouraged to take the weekend off/away.
- All vacation time must be approved by the Senior Pastor with at least 2 weeks notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com