Website Faith Center (La Grande Foursquare Church)
Faith Center (La Grande Foursquare Church) in La Grande, Ore., is seeking a full-time worship director. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about worship and is gifted to lead. The worship director is responsible for planning and leading musical and audio components of our worship services. They work closely under our lead pastor and with other church leaders to ensure that events and gatherings are well-organized and engaging by creating an opportunity for authentic Spirit-led worship.
The worship director is responsible for selecting music, creating set-lists and organizing the worship team for each service, including practices before service times. They are expected to develop a culture of worshipers as they build and lead teams of volunteers. The ideal candidate will be able to execute technical, creative and musical aspects of worship services in collaboration with the lead pastor.
The mission of the worship director is to ensure that it is not the music, instruments, presentation or voices that are the focus of our worship. Instead, their mission is to lead our congregation in humbly coming before God and exalting Jesus Christ as King of kings and Lord of lords. We strive to do everything with a spirit of excellence for His glory, not our own. The worship director should lead the congregation in worship by modeling a lifestyle worthy of the calling. Their leadership extends beyond Sunday mornings by recruiting, training and releasing team members and volunteers to see others rise up and step into their gifting and calling.
Worship sets the tone and creates the space for change and transformation when entered into with humble hearts before God. The measure of success for a gathering lies within the opportunity and ability to engage in spirit-filled worship that helps people encounter God in such a way that deepens their faith and understanding of Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities for worship director:
- Lead worship at the weekend gatherings (currently one service each Sunday).
- Raise and release musicians and worship leaders for Sunday services and various gatherings.
- Organize and schedule musicians and team members for all gatherings.
- Manage our worship team scheduling/organization platform (planningcenteronline.com).
- Ensure that equipment and materials are available for the worship team at the appropriate time.
- Manage rehearsal and practice times.
- Be willing to lead in environments outside of the church and beyond Sunday morning when necessary.
- Participate in staff meetings, leadership retreats and training opportunities to continue to grow and to provide input, vision and feedback to the lead team.
- Help prepare creative elements for Sunday morning service.
- Help steward and manage media and technical aspects of the service (i.e., sound, lights, media presentation).
- Curate worship songs, both new and old, within various styles, to add to worship sets.
- Have a biblical foundation that allows you to participate in and contribute to Bible studies and teachings, including ones recorded for our podcast.
Skills + gifting needed:
- A heart for worship and a teachable spirit.
- A skilled musician and worship leader.
- Innovative and creative.
- Ability to take initiative, be a self-starter and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to lead and develop volunteers.
- Ability to clearly communicate and articulate a vision for worship.
- Some knowledge of stage equipment and technology.
- Some knowledge of mixing, recording and editing.
Personal responsibilities as a team member:
- Have a dynamic, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, maintaining biblical standards for all areas of your life.
- Have a personal prayer and worship lifestyle that overflows into ministry.
- Be a team player and help communicate the vision and mission of Faith Center.
- More personal responsibilities and expectations as outlined in the team handbook.
This position is 40 hours per week. Salary is $30,000-40,000, dependent on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org