Behold, Belong, Be, and Beyond.
B4 Church (Beaverton Foursquare Church) is seeking a full-time ministry lead for elementary-aged children. The elementary kids ministry lead will strategically develop, encourage and empower leaders and parents to engage elementary-aged kids (grades K-5) while creatively seeking out opportunities to prioritize the B4 Mission: Behold, Belong, Be, and Beyond.
- A confessing Christian who holds to the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel statement of faith. Commitment to an ethical lifestyle appropriate for ministry per employee handbook.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity, discernment and discretion in caring for people and with sensitive information.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills when working with others.
- Ability to innovate, initiate, organize, complete and follow up on applicable project work. Able to creatively problem-solve if issues arise.
- Self-motivated to study and improve knowledge and skill in areas of responsibility as needed. Teachable.
- Experience working in a computerized office with word processing, database, spreadsheet, and web skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, materials, etc., with speed and accuracy. Willingness and aptitude to learn and use specialized computer programs & applications.
- Able to functionally lead others. Required to recruit new volunteers, and coach/give feedback and motivate multiple volunteer teams.
- Bachelor’s degree. College-level biblical training or equivalent study. Three years job-relevant progressive experience. Requires Ministerial License or actively pursuing one within 24 months. At church’s discretion, alternative educational degrees or professional certifications may be substituted.
- Strong interpersonal skills required with sensitivity to faith and beliefs in contact with employees, volunteers and congregants. Occasionally relied upon to address difficult and potentially confidential situations amongst staff, volunteers, or congregants in a negotiating role.
- Required ability to adapt and flex in response to changing priorities, fluctuating deadlines and interruptions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written formats with a demonstrated ability to make effective group presentations.
- Hold current first aid and CPR certifications.
- Provide prayerful, pastoral, visionary leadership for the overall function of elementary (K-5) ministry in partnership with families in person and online.
- Oversee/administer a range of care, teaching, evangelism, fellowship, discipleship, and service opportunities for Elementary-aged kids.
- Identify the needs for scope/scale of volunteer partnership for K-5th grade ministry. Recruit, equip, develop and release consistent volunteer leaders, keeping them informed of and connected to, the church’s mission. Follow the Volunteer Application Process and update Planning Center.
- Implement careful stewardship, accurate budgeting, and proper/consistent use of finance-approval systems. Plan and make recommendations to B4 Kids Director regarding expenditures and program development. Maintain accountability by monitoring budget and making adjustments.
- Study to stay current on growing body of information, needs, methods and resources available.
- Perform ongoing assessment of programs and procedures to determine effectiveness, incorporating direction from the Lord and leadership.
- Research for and perform spiritual care and biblical guidance for the needs of individuals, including keeping appropriate documentation. Develop discernment, skills and methods while understanding own limits. Know when to provide appropriate counseling referrals.
- Work with B4 Kids Director/Communications team to keep church informed about K-5th grade ministry while aligning with vision of B4.
- Implement advance calendaring for cross-departmental cohesion and adequate notification for communications, facilities, food service, etc.
- Represent the unique needs of Elementary Ministries and B4Kids. Work cross-departmentally to educate and partner with other ministries, specifically serving as a liaison for B4 Kids with the Middle School team.
- Engage each direct report, recording employees’ strengths, improvement through goal setting, and frequent feedback that fuels ongoing R&D.
- Report all significant events, crises, personnel issues or HR concerns to supervisor. Maintain confidentiality and integrity in records & conversation.
- Champion outreach to families and kids in our city on the B4 Kids team, gathering team to move forward innovatively, ensuring alignment of vision.
- Proactively strive for a cooperative and strategic transition from 5th grade to 6th grade.
- Provoke discovery for elementary-aged kids in weekly services in a space that is clean, safe and age appropriate. Lead a cohesive experience with curriculum, worship, and community.
- Partner with team to lead special events for elementary-aged kids, such as summer experiences, seasonal events, and retreats.
- Act as a contributing member of all requested staff/team meetings and projects and in the pastoral responsibilities of performing baptisms, weddings, funerals, serving at all major services, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by director and/or executive leadership team.
While church business hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., this position requires flexibility in work schedule and location to perform duties required in a large, active church with people of all ages. For team collaboration, you are required to be on campus for staff chapel, team meetings, and for weekend service responsibilities. This is a full-time, exempt position that provides functional supervision of multiple employees and reports to the director of B4 Kids.
Salary is $45,000-$53,000 per year. Benefits include dental insurance, health insurance and paid time off. Relocation or ability to commute to Beaverton, Ore., is a must. Submit a resume here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org