Website B4 Church
B4 Mission: Behold, Belong, Be and Beyond
Partner with elementary lead by overseeing the preparation of lessons, scheduling of volunteers, and empowering leaders and families to engage elementary-aged kids, while creatively seeking out opportunities to prioritize the B4 Mission: Behold, Belong, Be and Beyond
- A confessing Christian who holds to the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel statement of faith. Commitment to an ethical lifestyle appropriate for ministry per employee handbook.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity, discernment and discretion in caring for people and with sensitive information.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills when working with others.
- Ability to innovate, initiate, organize, complete and follow up on applicable project work. Able to creatively problem-solve if issues arise.
- Self-motivated to study and improve knowledge and skill in areas of responsibility as needed. Teachable.
- Experience working in a computerized office with word processing, database, spreadsheet, and web skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, materials, etc., with speed and accuracy. Willingness and aptitude to learn and use specialized computer programs & applications.
- Able to functionally lead others. Required to recruit new volunteers and coach/give feedback and motivate multiple volunteer teams.
- Education, certifications or licenses from training beyond high school and minimally 1-2 years training. 1-3 years relevant job experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills required with sensitivity to faith and beliefs in contact with employees, volunteers and congregants.
- Required ability to adapt and flex in response to changing priorities, fluctuating deadlines and interruptions occasionally.
- Ability to connect with, present to and manage small and large groups of children.
- Hold a current first aid and CPR certification.
- Support and administer a range of care, teaching, evangelism, fellowship, discipleship and service opportunities for kids ministry groups/events.
- Continually care for, equip, develop and release volunteers into growing leadership positions in the various kids ministry groups.
- Study to stay current on the growing body of information, needs, methods and resources available for your role.
- Maintain prudent use of assets/supplies under supervisory approval using accurate budgeting, and proper/consistent use of finance systems.
- Partner with elementary lead to perform ongoing assessment of programs and procedures to determine effectiveness; make recommendations to refine and adjust accordingly.
- Assist elementary lead and communications lead to ensure church is informed of announcements and celebrations (print and digital) while aligning with the vision and voice of B4.
- Inform Elementary Lead of ministry’s unique needs. Work cross-departmentally to educate and partner with other ministries.
- Take part in the routine staff responsibilities of care for families, event leadership, serving at all major services, etc.
- Support the identified needs for the scope/scale of volunteer partnership for K-5th Grade. Assist in the support/training of new volunteers through ongoing, effective orientation and placement. Keep them informed of and connected to the church’s mission. Follow Volunteer Application Process; update PCO.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor, director, and/or executive team.
While church business hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., this position requires flexibility in work schedule and location to perform duties required in a large, active church with people of all ages. For team collaboration, you are required to be on campus for staff chapel, team meetings, and for weekend service responsibilities.
This is a part-time, nonexempt position. All overtime must be preapproved. No direct supervision of other employees is required. Reports to elementary lead.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.00 – $20.50 per hour
- Paid time off
- Ability to commute/relocate:
- Beaverton, OR 97005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Experience with children: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org