2016 Cabinet Overview
The 2016 cabinet convened March 7–9 in Glendale, Calif. Out of 94 invited participants, 90 attended the cabinet meeting (79 voting participants, 11 observers).
The cabinet’s discussions included the following topics:
- Update on Reimagine Foursquare. The propositions of Reimagine 2.0 were presented.
- Follow-up discussion of the presidential selection process. The Presidential Selection Review Committee presented a report to the cabinet that outlines the major elements of selecting a president.
- Proposed bylaw amendments. Bylaw Committee Chairman El Clark presented the proposed amendments, many of which are related to facilitating Reimagine initiatives.
- Future international conventions. The cabinet discussed the frequency and dates of Foursquare Connection events.
In keeping with the practice that was implemented in 2013, reports from major departments were not presented orally. The reports from the president, general supervisor, Foursquare Missions International (FMI) director, treasurer and Foursquare Foundation director were provided for cabinet participants to review before the meetings. Time was then provided for questions and discussion regarding the various reports.
The cabinet recommended that all the reports be presented to the 2016 convention body in Honolulu.
The cabinet made the following additional recommendations to the board of directors:
- The cabinet recommended that the 2016 proposed bylaw amendments as presented by El Clark, chair of the Bylaw Committee, be forwarded to the 2016 convention body.
- The cabinet recommended that the conversation continue regarding having the international convention every other year, as well as scheduling the convention at a different time of year.