State of the National Church Office (U.S.)
General Supervisor Tammy Dunahoo stated that the NCO team, finances and reporting had been aligned in 2012 to serve the districts and, specifically, the five presidential targets. The districts have aggressively worked to achieve church health and to resource churches toward greater fruitfulness. Tammy’s report specifically cited progress relating to leaders, churches and people groups.
NCO has developed the set of core competencies for Foursquare ministers. The competencies are organized in the following manner:
- Personal formation (heart)
- Ministry formation (head)
- Skill formation (hand)
NCO reiterated its commitment to making disciples and multiplying churches and congregations. The report included the following components:
- A framework for multiplication
- A replicable model for funding multiplication
Hispanics are the fastest growing ethnicity in the United States. Recognizing the need to increase effectiveness in ministering to this ethnic group, districts took intentional steps to empower the Hispanic ministry of The Foursquare Church:
- Providing “Conexión Hispana” at the annual convention
- Forming the National Hispanic Council
- Articulating a national Hispanic vision
Download the NCO report (PDF, 2.2 MB).